News and Events

The latest club newsletter – written by Dave England for RIBC Committee

Warmest greetings to you all.

As most of you will be aware it is now looking promising that we will soon start bowling again.

The English Indoor Bowling Association has announced that from 17th of May Indoor bowls will be able to allow up to 6 bowlers per rink. We expect this will involve similar measures to the Tier One regulations that we were following up until November. Following on from that they expect we will be able to get back to normal bowling from the 21st of June.

  With this  knowledge in mind we arranged to have the new bowls rink carpet laid and this is scheduled to happen on the 12th and 13th of April. Funding of the new carpet which is costing £24k is being covered in part by a 61% grant awarded in 2019 by Ryedale District Council from the Persimmon Housing development on Scarborough Road, the remaining 39% coming from club funds. Whilst this depletes our operating funds we hope that a return to normal levels of activity in September will ensure the club does not have to use any of our reserve account fund which is earmarked for future improvements. Fortunately we have received grants from Ryedale District Council to cover some of our potential losses due to Covid closures so the club remains in a relatively healthy financial state.  

As with normal Summer season practice we will be running sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Consideration will be given to extra sessions if there is demand and staff availability.   We expect that numbers will be low returning in summer to Indoor Bowls, due to the Outdoor season being allowed to start with gradual lifting of restrictions after the 29th of March. though the Outdoor League programs will probably not be starting until June. Anyone who is looking to either start or return to Outdoor bowls can contact any of the local clubs using the contact details here.

It is expected a lot of the Outdoor clubs will be needing plenty of support, particularly at the beginning of the season, so please do your best to support them. A large proportion of our Indoor membership also play Outdoors so the success of both organisations is closely linked.  

As we have just gone through an unprecedented period within the clubs history it is likely that the club, along with many others, will suffer in the short term from a decline in membership – after all none of us have got any younger during the Lockdowns. With this in mind it would be extremely helpful to the committee if you could let the club know of your intentions for the coming season starting in September. An indication by 15th August latest would give the league secretary/committee more time to project the number of leagues we could run and forecast on the likely income streams for the coming  season   Until we meet again, which will hopefully be soon.

Keep safe and well.

RIBC Committee

Bowling Diary 2020-21 until Friday 16th April 2021

DayMorningAfternoonEvening
MondayTriples League
10.30 to 12.30
AvailableTriples League
7.00 to 9.00
TuesdayTriples League
10.30 to 12.30
Fun/Social
1.30 to 3.30
Available
WednesdayTriples League
10.30 to 12.30

Available
Triples League
7.00 to 9.00
ThursdayFun/Social
10.30 to 12.30
AvailablePairs League
7.00 to 9.00
FridayPairs League
10.30 to 12.30
AvailableAvailable
Saturday Available  
SundayFun/Social
10.30 to 12.30
 Available Available

RIBC Committee 2020-21

Chairman Terry Wray

Members Sue Harrison, Suzanne Everett, Doreen Tinson, Aubrey Charlton, Kath Jeanes, Dave England.